The contemporary gallery Subotica was founded in 1962 as the Artistic Meeting Gallery – Palić, by the decision of then People’s Committee of the Municipality of Subotica.
The special task of the Artistic Meeting Gallery – Palić was to monitor, study, collect and familiarize the audience with art that these years were created in fine art colonies.
Today, the Contemporary Art Gallery Subotica, drawing its strength from its history, becomes the center for acquaintance with all kinds of contemporary visual arts, a place for discovering new information and a point of communication of values that it displays through its exhibit work.
The gallery is now located in the magnificent palace of Ferenc Raichle, a local architect. In 1948 it was assigned to the City Museum Subotica, which adapted the premises to its permanent setting, and since 1969 it is assigned to the Contemporary Art Gallery Subotica. Since 1973, the building is a protected cultural monument.