Aleksandar Šandor Lifka founded the first traveling cinema in 1900, in then Austro-Hungarian Empire. As the official start of the screening of films by Aleksandar Lifka, it was taken exactly in 1901, when one of the biggest traveling cinemas, Electro cinema Lifka, was founded.
His staying in a city, most likely, lasted as long as the public’s interest for the movies lasted. Along with purchased films being played at the cinema, Lifka made his own films and streamed them in his cinema, which additionally attracted local audiences.
In 1910 Lifka established the first permanent cinema in Subotica, while continuing to make his own films and contributing to the European cinema.