Chapel of St. Roka in Subotica was founded in 1738 and has the status of a cultural monument of great importance. The chapel is dedicated to St. Roka, the protector against the plague, which at the time took many lives in Subotica.
It was raised in a place where, around 1695, Tekelija’s army killed about thirty citizens. It was rebuilt in 1753, and in 1773 the chapel gets roofs and becomes a parish church, until the construction of the roman-catholic Church of St. Theresa of Avila in Subotica.
The previous chapel, built in 1738, was among the first sacral buildings in the city.
In 1884 it was demolished and a second one was built in its place, which still exists today.