The City Museum in Subotica is a cultural institution of great importance founded in 1892 and re-established in 1948. The official founder of the city museum was the Municipal Assembly of Subotica. The main task of this institution is the preservation and presentation of archaeological, anthropological, historical, pedagogical, ethnological, naturalistic and values in the field of art history.
In addition to the library and departments dealing with organization and pedagogical work, on the basis of the mentioned thematic units, museum departments and collections are organized. Since 2008, the museum has been placed in this 18th-century building, a tenement house by Miksa Demeter (Dömötör Miksa), in a magnificent building decorated in the style of Art Nouveau.