Monument of Holy Trinity


Address: Trg republike, Subotica

The monument-sculpture of the Holy Trinity is the work of Karl Salzer and was set up in 1815 on the former market place.

In 1964, the government made the decision to move the monument to the square between the Cathedral of St. Theresa of Avila and the building of the Subotica Diocese, where it was until December 2014, when its restoration began at the initiative of the Hungarian National Council. In 2016, the monument was returned to its original location.

The Monument of the Holy Trinity is a symbol of belonging to Europe, accepting values ​​that emphasize tolerance and understanding, not discrimination.